Sunday, March 31, 2013

Tomb of the Rocket Men

Dungeon of Signs hosted a map-making contest, calling on people to create a map for The Tomb of the Rocket Men. I love me some rockets and ruins, so I drew up an entry.



Click it to big it!

Crumbling statues of rocket men, vine choked caverns, secret treasure chamber, a floating eye, the hulk of a giant robot, all sorts of fun stuff. It's also my first big stab at isometric dungeon mapping. 

It's not quite as "mini" as the other Mini-Map Monday maps, and I didn't do it freehand (I did a pencil rough then inked it with a light box), but I'm happy with it, so I thought I'd share it. 

I think I'm going to use this map to run Johnstone Metzger's Adventures on Dungeon Planet. That's an awesome science-fantasy expansion for Dungeon World that just came out this weekend. You should totally buy it.

7 comments: