The Black Katana is an eldritch artifact for Silent Legions.
The Black Katana (also known as Hatsunetsu Yume, Fever Dream, or Thought Breaker) is an ancient sword made in the Japanese style. Its black metal blade incredibly sharp and never needs honing. Its hilt and guard are made of an unknown organic substance resembling yellow bone or coral. According to legend the sword was forged from the fang or claw of a demon by a traitorous samurai, who used it to kill his daimyo. The sword carves the mind as well as flesh. People wounded by the Black Katana are wracked by nightmarish visions of alien hellscapes from beyond the quicksilver grid of Reality. But the sword is also dangerous to its user. The wielder of the Black Katana will experience the dying thoughts of anyone they slay.
The Black Katana is currently in the possession of the Blood Message of the Shadowed Brotherhood in Yakima, WA. It is wielded by Ajax, the half-ghoul Cursed Warrior, who is immune to the madness the sword inflicts.
Black Katana primitive weapon (Dex or Str)
Damage: 1d8+2 Slaughter: 1d10
- The sword proves a +2 to attack and damage rolls.
- A person damaged by the sword also takes 1d6 Madness (no Madness cap).
- If the sword is used to kill a terrestrial creature, the wielder takes 1d8 Madness (no Madness cap).
- The Black Katana is a magical weapon and can damage and slaughter eldritch creatures.
- If the blade is drawn and doesn't kill a sapient creature, before they resheath the sword, the wielder must make a Save vs Magic. If they fail the save, they must attack the nearest visible person, turning the sword on themselves if they are alone.
Ajax (Half-Ghoul, Cursed Warrior asset)
AC: 14 ascending (tactical armor)
HD: 6 (30 hp)
- Claws x2: +3 to hit, 1d4 damage, 1d6 slaughter
- AK-47: +4 to hit, 1d12 damage, 1d8 slaughter
- Black Katana: +5 to hit, 1d8+2 damage +1d6 Madness, 1d10 slaughter
Special: Regenerates 1d3 hp per round while not in sunlight. Cannot regen fire damage.