This morning, I launched my first Kickstarter project, as part of this February's Zinequest promotion. Draugr & Draculas is a traditional one-color 5.5" x 8.5" zine for old-style roleplaying adventure games.
From the Kisckstarter page...
Dracula, king of the vampires. Vampires, the most noble of undead. For too long these classic monsters have been tweaked, bent, and reimagined to where they no longer resemble the classic bloodsuckers of old. But no more! Draugrs & Draculas brings the vampire back to its evening-wear-clad glory. Retro Draculas for retro RPGs! The kind that would make Lee and Langella proud.
Also, just for fun, we've got some undead vikings.
WHAT IS THIS?
Draugr & Draculas is a one-off zine for old-stye/OSR roleplaying adventure games. Dr&Dr focuses on vampires, undead, and spooky horror magic for use in your own fantasy RPG campaigns. The zine will be entirely written and illustrated by me, Josh Burnett. In accordance with the Zine Quest guidelines, Draugr & Draculas will be a 5.5” x 8.5” zine, staple-bound and printed in black-and-white. I estimate it should clock in at around 24-32 pages.
What's in the zine?
- Count Dracula himself, as well as his origins and current motivations
- Details on Dracula's lesser servants
- Dracula's deadly rival, Elizabeth Bathroy
- Draugr—northern undead of varying degrees of power
- The Draugr class
- Rules for magic users striking a deal with the Devil
- New magical items of perilous power
- Pagan's Well, a small dungeon full of traps and treasure
- And whatever else I can fit in this thing.
This is my first Kickstarter, so I'm playing it safe with only a few simple pledge levels and no stretch goals. I have another Kickstarter planned later in the year that will be much more ambitious (stay tuned!).